Want to join our admin team? We'd love to have you! RulesGuru has a rotating team that looks over each submitted question in order to format it properly and make sure it's accurate before it becomes publicly visible.
RulesGuru works on a three month development cycle, so you can try it out for a few months at a time and then decide at the end whether to continue on for another term. While you're on our team there's no required time commitment; you can spend as much or as little time on questions as you choose. At the end of each cycle, a few members of the team will be selected to receive public recognition and be sent some judge foils as a thank you.
- Familiarity with English grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of the basic game rules
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn from your mistakes
Skills that are not required:
- Deep rules knowledge. Most questions are fairly simple, and any complex rules issues can be brought up to the rest of the team.
- A judge certification. RulesGuru is for anyone interested in Magic rules, regardless of your interest in judging.
- Programming knowledge. Question formatting is user-friendly and the interface is constantly being updated and improved.
Working on RulesGuru is a great way to improve both your knowledge of Magic's rules and your ability to convey that knowledge to others in a clear and intuitive way. It also lets you connect with other judges and rules nerds; upon joining, you'll be paired up with your own personal "guru" from the team to help you learn the ropes.
If you'd like to apply, please fill out this google form.